Friday, May 9, 2014

Mission Complete

Wow I ran a marathon. It was incredible. It was so fun to go out to Lansing and spend the day with the best people I know. The race itself was fun and it was going really well until about mile 21 and then my legs hurt sooooo bad. The pain was radiating from the inside of my thighs to the outside and up into my back and down into my feet. I walked a half mile until I got to the last exchange point at mile 22 and I picked up a jog again and then as soon as I saw the finish line I just started running as fast as I could. Seeing the finish line and seeing my team and my parents jumping up and down cheering me on I completely forgot how much my legs hurt and just ran. When I crossed the finish line a wave of emotion hit. I was so incredibly happy and excited and being hugged by 11 different people and worried about getting food and I could not stop smiling, it was probably the most fulfilling thing I have ever done in my entire life. After I crossed the finish line 30 minutes later I felt like I couldn't even walk. I was hobbling around. Then when I got home my dad stopped at coney and got me the after marathon meal I'd been fantasizing about since I woke up that morning. I had a chocolate milkshake a cheeseburger and a lot of French fries. It was the most delicious meal I'd ever had. I plan to start training again June 22 for the Detroit marathon. This taught me that you can do anything you want. You just have to make a plan and follow through.           Lauren

2 comments:

  1. You're such a champ! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for inspiring us all. I haven't worked out in a really long time and now I feel the need to do so! Keep running! Maybe more of us will join you!

    ReplyDelete