Monday, April 28, 2014

WOW

The marathon is this weekend! I am so excited but at the same time nervous. I know I'm physically prepared but this is 6 miles longer than I have ever run, but I keep telling myself that this will probably be easier than the 20 miler I ran by myself because I will have an incredible support system with me. My two best friends, two running "mentors", my teacher and two classmates will be there actually running with me and my family will be there to cheer from the sidelines! I CAN DO THIS

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,
    I am a teacher, and having been in numerous online classes with Mr. Provenzano in our Master's program, I've checked out your blog a couple of times throughout the year. It wasn't until after I ran into Mr. P at the start line of the race last weekend that I remembered it was your big day.
    I just had to come back and leave you a comment to say both congratulations and thank you. I just began running seriously a little over a year ago, and Sunday was my 2nd half-marathon. I have played with the thought of running a full, but I've never been able to make myself take the idea seriously. Following your progress and your hashtag on Sunday has really motivated me to get going for next summer. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Congratulations on your awesome achievement!

    ReplyDelete