Monday, February 3, 2014

2/3/14

My birthday is on Tuesday and so this weekend was my time to celebrate with my mom but this weekend also had a 10 mile run in store for me and on top of that it was a blizzard outside on Saturday and Sunday.It was really looking like I wasn't going to get that run in, but I did. I got back to my dads and I went down in my basement and was on the damn treadmill for a solid 2 hours accomplishing a goal of running 10 miles. I want to run this marathon so badly and that is the thought that I look to for strength during the most enduring runs. I just think, "this is necessary to get what you want." Don't complain about it. JUST DO IT. Short term discomfort will (in my case) lead to an amazing race day and even more amazing feeling when I step over the starting line and come in over the finish line. "Desiree is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attempt the success you seek" (Mario Andetti).

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I think that is amazing that you persevered and although you had to jump through a couple of hoops you made it and finished that 10 mile run. I wish I had the endurance and strength that you show through these blog posts… I could never do it! Your writing has improved through these last few posts and I love your writing style, it pulls your reader in and makes them feel apart of it… job well done!

    ReplyDelete