Sunday, January 12, 2014

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Yesterday I ran 7.2 miles. I've realized that by running three days in a row I'm more prepared for the longer Saturday run. My legs are much stronger after the three in a row as opposed to the 2 with a day in between. I'm also getting more rhythmic with my steps and concentrating on breathing more. When you do finally align your steps with your breath you enter that zone and forget that you're running. it's a sort of nirvana for me when I have music playing blocking out the surroundings and set into my personal rhythm and just feel the run and being comfortable with it. There's nothing like a morning run when it seems as though you're the only one in the world and you're accomplishing something great. That's what running is doing for me. It gets me so excited after accomplishing each run that I'm stoked for the next and coming to each challenge and kicking its butt gives the most incredible feeling. I feel like I can do anything after a 10 miler in the rain and that bleeds into my outlook on things. I'm so much more positive and excited about life and what I'm doing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren! My name is Cassidy and I am a freshman at the University of Saint Joseph in Connecticut. I am studying Special Education with a potential license in Elementary Education. I absolutely love college!
    I am so interested in the topic you have chosen to write your blog about. I always wanted to run a marathon but never got the ambition to do it. I am really looking forward to following your posts and seeing you reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love that you're interested and I believe you could totally train for a marathon yourself! Remember if you can dream it you can do it ;)

      Delete